1. Every day, think as you wake up: Today I am fortunate to have woken up. I am alive. I have a precious human life. I am not going to waste it.
2. If we change inside and disarm ourselves by dealing constructively with negative thoughts and emotions, we can literally change the world.
3. If you can cultivate the right attitude, your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence provides you with the opportunity to enhance and develop tolerance, patience and understanding.
4. I have been confronted with many difficult circumstances throughout the course of my life… But I laugh often, and my laughter is contagious. When people ask me how I find the strength to laugh now, I reply that I am a professional laugher.
5. Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard (call it conscience), not just according to society’s knowledge and judgement.
6. Before teaching others, before changing others, we ourselves must change.
Before teaching others, before changing others, we ourselves must change.
7. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
8. Real compassion is not just an emotional response; it is a firm, thought-out commitment. Therefore, an authentic attitude of compassion does not change, even faced with another person’s negative behavior.
9. I think when tragic things happen it is on the surface. It’s like the ocean. On the surface a wave comes and sometimes the wave is serious and strong. But it comes and goes, and underneath the ocean always remains calm.
10. The true hero is one who gains victory of hatred and anger.
Sign up for our Wakan Films email newsletter and receive the latest news from Director Khashyar Darvich and Wakan Films about the release of our new inspiring films, and where they are screening near you.