Finalizing your Special Sneak Preview Screening date for the film(s) that you chose:
Thank you for requesting a screening date for your film:
We are happy to be able to hold a Special Sneak Preview Screening at your organization for your audiences, so that your audiences are able to watch the film before it is released widely.
Here are the steps for finalizing your screening date:
1) Wait for a CONFIRMATION EMAIL from us stating that your screening date has been scheduled
2) Once you have RECEIVED OUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL stating that your screening date has been scheduled and confirmed, then please make your payment of the $150 screening deposit.
3) Please make your $150 payment here:
4) If you would rather send us a check or money order (made out to “Wakan Films”), then please email us at the email address below, and we will email you the mailing address for you to send your deposit payment. For international screening hosts who wish to pay by check or money order, please obtain an international money order payable in U.S. Dollars.
5) One week before your screening, we will send you two DVDs of the film that you chose.
6) Once you have been given a screening date, and have submitted your $150 screening deposit payment, you can download the image and document files for the screening promotional materials (as well as read our tips for promoting your screening) here:
A) For ‘Dalai Lama Awakening’: http://www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/awakening/hosting_promotional_materials.html
B) For ‘Dalai Lama Renaissance’: http://www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/hosting_promotional_materials.html
7) Please feel free to contact your local newspapers and press to help promote your screening. To help you promote your screening, the filmmakers will be available for interviews with the press in your area, once you have already contacted and made arrangements with your local press.
8) Your $150 deposit covers half of Wakan Film’s share of the first 30 tickets that you sell for your event. For each $10* ticket that you sell above 30 tickets, the ticket price sold is split evenly between Wakan Films and your organization. For example, if you sell 200 tickets to your screening (for a total ticket sales of $2,000), your organization would keep half of that amount ($1,000), and then you would send the other half (minus your $150 deposit) to Wakan Films, which would equal $850. *($15-$20 per ticket per screening if Director Khashyar Darvich is present for a personal appearance and Q&A)
9) 7 days after your screening, please send back the two DVDs, as well as make the payment to Wakan Films from your ticket sales.
10) If you have any questions, please email us at:
Thank you again for sharing our films with your audiences. We wish you a very inspiring and successful screening.