(Thank you for sharing this with your friends in the San Francisco Bay Area: San Francisco, Berkeley, Santa Cruz & Sebastopol)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – After having his award-winning films screen over 1,000 times in theaters around the world, win dozens of international awards, and feature such notable figures as H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama, Harrison Ford and poet Maya Angelou, Film Director Khashyar Darvich and his two newest documentary films featuring the 14th Dalai Lama, Dalai Lama Awakening (narrated by Harrison Ford) and Dalai Lama’s Compassion in Action (www.DalaiLamaFilm.com), arrive in the San Francisco Bay Area from June 24 – 30 for their Bay Area Red Carpet Film Premieres.
“These two new Dalai Lama Documentary Films,” says Director Khashyar Darvich, “explore a rarely seen side of the Dalai Lama, including how he intimately transforms the minds, hearts and actions of the innovative thinkers featured in the film. Audiences during our sold out screenings across the U.S. and Europe have shared that the “Dalai Lama Double Feature” Film Tour offers a unique powerful experience of two Dalai Lama films that are both an ‘inner journey of personal transformation’ as well as a ‘call to action’.”
These Special Red Carpet Film Premieres of the “Dalai Lama Double Feature” Film Tour will take place from Friday June 26 through Tuesday June 30. For tickets and information, visit: www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/events
The complete S.F. Bay Area Film Tour schedule is:
RED CARPET FILM PREMIERES (w/ Director Q&A):
– Fri. June 26 – Santa Cruz, CA – Rio Theatre – (7:30 p.m.) – Tickets – RED CARPET FILM PREMIERE of Dalai Lama Awakening film only
– Sat. June 27 – Berkeley, CA – Rialto Cinemas Elmwood – (7:00 p.m.) – Tickets – RED CARPET FILM PREMIERE of both DLA & CIA films
– Sun June 28 – San Francisco, CA – The Roxie Theatre – (2:15 p.m.) – Tickets – RED CARPET FILM PREMIERE of both DLA & CIA films
– Mon June 29 – San Francisco, CA – The Roxie Theatre – (6:30 p.m.) – Tickets – RED CARPET FILM PREMIERE of both DLA & CIA films
– Tues. June 30 – Sebastopol, CA – Rialto Sebastopol – (7:00 p.m.) – Tickets – RED CARPET FILM PREMIERE of both DLA & CIA films
Screening of Dalai Lama Awakening ONLY, without Director Q&A:
– June 24 – 30 – Berkeley, CA – Rialto Cinemas Elmwood –Tickets – Dalai Lama Awakening Film Only (no Q&A)
– June 30 – July 6 – Sebastopol, CA – Rialto Sebastopol – Tickets – Dalai Lama Awakening Film Only (no Q&A)
Darvich recently returned from a successful 36-city film and Director Q&A tour of England, Scotland and Ireland, and is currently on a 100 city U.S.-Canada film tour.
The “Dalai Lama Double Feature” Film Tour is experiencing enthusiastic success in cinemas and with audiences. Among the sold out screenings on this tour, the Merrill’s Roxy Cinema in Burlington, Vermont experienced the highest ticket presales for Director Darvich’s Dalai Lama Films in the history of the theater for a documentary film.
And as a result of the overwhelming audience response and success of the film, other cinemas and theater chains are scheduling the film for their audiences, including 8 cinemas in the Angelika Theater chain in the U.S., and the Harkin Theaters.
Dalai Lama Awakening, which is a 15-year realization of a cinematic dream, presents the profound and life-changing journey of innovative Western thinkers who travel to India to meet with the Dalai Lama to solve many of the world’s problems. The result is an inner transformation of the participants, as well as what audiences report is a personal transformational experience for those who watch the film.
The new film was born from over 500 hours of video footage that was shot by 10 cinematographers over a 15 year period, and is a dramatically new “Poetic ReVision” and Director’s Cut of his award-winning Dalai Lama Renaissance which won 12 awards and screened over 1,000 times around the world.
Dalai Lama Awakening also features innovative thinkers such as Dr. Michael Beckwith (from The Secret), Quantum Physicists Fred Alan Wolf and Amit Goswami (from What the Bleep Do We Know), Radio Host and Author Thom Hartmann, Author Vicki Robin, Revolutionary Social Scientist Jean Houston and others.
Audiences who have seen Dalai Lama Awakening (which is narrated by actor Harrison Ford) have called the film “Brilliant,” “Illuminating” and “one of the best possible manifestations of spiritualism through Art.”
“Many films talk about how we need to become better people to make positive change in the world,” writes the Toronto Film Scene, “but few make the argument as convincing as this one. The presence of the Dalai Lama is what makes this film so powerful, and you can almost feel his kindness and love through the screen. If you’re searching for something to inspire you, look no further than this film.”
In a “5 Star” Review, Examiner.com calls Dalai Lama Awakening “a beautiful and thought-provoking film… [Director] Darvich’s compassion and humanity is apparent… Note [the premiere] date because you will want to mark it on your calendar.”
“Visually compelling, inspiring and thought-provoking,” writes Tom Richards of ‘Surviving Ireland.’ “Darvich has put together a compelling, slow-burning documentary that… hits you on the way home.”
Audiences have also expressed that the film and Q&A has been a powerful transformational experience:
Melanie from Findhorn, Scotland wrote: “Tonight I went & saw Dalai Lama Awakening… I was blown away… The only way to change the world, is to change yourself. Go and see it for yourselves, & form your own opinions… But if you see just one film this year, make it this one. It was brilliant… Much love to you Khashyar & thank you for everything. You are a very unique man, who is inspiring. It was an experience that I will never forget.”
“Humbling, Motivating and Passionate,” says Jason S. of Aberdeen, Scotland. “Thank you for bringing this to us so far North in Scotland for just one night. I leave with a full heart knowing what I am to do on my next step in my ‘long term plan’. Truly a transformational personal journey for me by watching this film. Thank you for making it and personally showing it around the world. Making a difference – peace and action in motion”
“I was so moved by this film,” writes Margaret-Jane H. from Cambridge, England. “Now I know what my TED Talk is. This experience opened up possibilities for myself and others.”
Also screening during the U.S.-Canada “Dalai Lama Double Feature” Film Tour from award-winning director Khashyar Darvich is his new film Dalai Lama’s Compassion in Action. Open your heart, be the change, & change the world. This powerful documentary, featuring the wisdom of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, received a very enthusiastic response during the recent sneak preview screenings. One audience member in London expressed at the Q&A that he was so moved, that he could not speak and needed time to process and assimilate what he saw and experienced.
You may view the trailers for the films, here:
Dalai Lama Awakening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgiNutr0pig
Dalai Lama’s Compassion in Action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6UDmLbRSnw
LAST United States screenings of ‘Dalai Lama Awakening’ and ‘Compassion in Action’: June 26 – August 7, 2015
(for tickets and the full schedule, please visit: www.DalaiLamaFilm.com)
– June 26 – Santa Cruz, CA – Rio Theatre – (‘Dalai Lama Awakening’ (only) w/ Director Q&A) – 7:30 p.m.
– June 27 – Berkeley, CA – Rialto Cinemas Elmwood – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/ Director Q&A – 7:00 p.m.
– June 28 & 29 – San Francisco, CA – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/ Director Q&A
– June 30 – Sebastopol, CA – Rialto Sebastopol – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/ Director Q&A – 7:00 p.m.
– July 2 – Phoenix, CA – Unity of Phoenix – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/ Director Q&A – 6:00 p.m.
– July 8 – Sacramento, CA – Tower Theatre – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/Director Q&A – 6:30 p.m.
– July 9 – San Diego, CA – Town Square 14 – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/Director Q&A – 6:30 p.m.
– July 12 – Murrieta (Temecula), CA – Cal Oaks 17 – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/Director Q&A – 2:30 p.m.
– July 23 – Kahului (Maui), Hawaii – Ka’ahumanu 6 – ‘Dalai Lama Awakening (ONLY) – NO Director Q&A – 7:00 p.m.
– July 23 – Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii – Kahala 8 – ‘Dalai Lama Awakening’ (ONLY) – NO Director Q&A – 7:00 p.m.
– July 30 – Fairfax, VA – Angelika Film Center & Cafe at Mosaic – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/ Director Q&A – 6:30 p.m.
– August 3 – Washington, D.C. – Angelika Pop-Up at Union Market – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/ Director Q&A – 6:30 p.m.
– August 6 – New York, NY – Village East Cinema – BOTH DLA & CIA – w/ Director Q&A – 6:30 p.m.
– August 7 – Williamsburg, VA – Unity Fellowship Church Williamsburg – BOTH DLA & CIA – 7:00 p.m.
– Sept – Oct – U.K. and Ireland
– (more to be added soon)
To view the entire detailed screening and release schedule for the film, as well as receive the latest news, you may visit the film’s official website (http://www.DalaiLamaFilm.com), Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DalaiLamaAwakening) , and Twitter account (http://www.Twitter.com/DalaiLamaFilm).
Other upcoming documentary films from Darvich and Wakan Films (www.wakan.com) include The Silence of Happiness (about deaf children in Sri Lanka who overcome unhappiness and limitations through dance), a documentary film Road to Happiness (about an American woman who walked 25,000 miles across America for peace beginning in 1953), Forgiving Buddha (about prison inmates who transform themselves through meditation and deep honesty, and other transformational films).
For Press or Interview Inquiries, or to request a screening and Director appearance in your community, please email us at: Bookings (at) DalaiLamaFilm (dot) com. Additional venues and cities for film screenings and Q&As are being considered.
Sign up for our Wakan Films email newsletter and receive the latest news from Director Khashyar Darvich and Wakan Films about the release of our new inspiring films, and where they are screening near you.